The Commissioner is leading the redesign of a regulatory policy framework to enhance productivity. Regulation plays an important role in keeping our economy moving. Effective regulation supports productivity growth, investment and innovation, but poor regulation is frustrating and cumbersome. It slows economic growth and increases the cost of doing business.
The NSW Government is committed to continuous improvement of its regulatory policy framework to support and enhance opportunities for improved productivity.
The new regulatory policy framework will build upon the Government’s current better regulation policies and initiatives, and draw upon the recommendations of the Independent Review of the NSW Regulatory Policy framework, led by the Hon Nick Greiner AC.
Current regulatory policy guidance
- Guide to Better Regulation policy (TPP19-01)
- Guide to Better Regulation circular (TC19-02)
- Subordinate Legislation Act NSW 1989
- Regulatory Impact Assessment Checklist
- Assessment Against the Competition Test
- Guidance for Regulators to Implement Outcomes-based Regulation
- Consultation Policy
- Measuring the Cost of Regulation
- Published Regulatory Impact Assessments